Email Publishing On Tumblr
Tumblr allows you to publish texts, photos, chat conversations, links and quotes through email publishing. Easily send contents from your mobile phone or desktop just by sending it to a randomly-generated email address by Tumblr.
Currently, Tumblr does not have a feature that allows you to publish audio or video through email.
Finding email address for email publishing:
- Press the Settings or gear icon located at the top of your Dashboard.
- On the left side of the page, select the blog where you want to publish.
- Find Post by email section. This is where you will find the email address for publishing.
Posting a Text:
- Input the text on the body of the email.
- You may also include a title for the text. Indicate this in the subject line of the email.
- Send it to the Tumblr email address for publishing.
Posting a Photo/s:
- Simply attach a photo/s to the email.
- Input the caption in the subject line.
- Send the email to the Tumblr email ad.
Sending a Link Post:
- Input the copied link in the body of the email.
- Indicate the link's title in the email's subject line.
- Email it to the Tumblr email ad for publishing.
Sending a Quote Post:
- In the body of the email, input the quote.
- Don't forget to indicate who the quote is accredited to.
- Send it directly to the email address
Sending a Chat Post:
- Type in the chat conversation or dialogue in the email's body.
- You may again input a title for the chat post in the subject line.
Sending Posts with Tag:
- You may include tags in any of the contents mentioned above. To do this, simply type in the hashtag and the tag at the end of the email. For example #babies.