How To Restore Your Old Tumblr Theme
So you've just changed your Tumblr theme to the one you've wanted to install ever since you saw it weeks back in someone's Tumblr page. Unfortunately, the new theme is just not working out for you. The proportions are all wrong, or it doesn't look the way you expected it to look.
After some tweaking, it's all just horrible and worse than when you first installed it, sans tweaks. It's like that relationship you let go because you thought that was the best thing to do at the time. But you realized you really were in love and you wanted him back. And you want your old Tumblr theme back. Is there anything that can be done?
But first: why is it important to be aware of the Theme Recovery option? Knowing how to recover your old theme allows you to freely experiment with the many different ways you can tweak and personalize your Tumblr page with themes, codes, etc. You won't feel restricted in doing this, knowing that you can always revert to the old theme, because Tumblr automatically creates a restore point for you.
To answer the above question: Yes! You don't even need to know fancy scripting or HTML to restore your previous Tumblr theme. Tumblr refers to this feature as Theme Recovery. Follow the steps below to restore your old Tumblr theme.
- Log into your Tumblr account.
- Visit the Theme Recovery page.
- Choose the option Go Back to Old Tumblr Theme. *Note: If you don't have a backup of your previous theme, it will say "No backups available" on the page.
- Use the drop down menu to select the theme that you want to restore.
- Choose View Back Ups. At this point, the important alterations you've made in your Tumblr page will be visible.
- Alterations can be viewed with the View Changes option.
- As soon as you've found the exact restore point you want to revert to, choose Revert Back. This is all there is to it! All the changes that you made should have been erased, and everything should be back to before you made those changes.