Make A Blogroll For Your Tumblr
A blogroll is basically a list of blogs shown as a list, commonly installed on the left or right portion of a page. This blogroll can be the list of people whose posts and updates you are subscribed to, or people you're following. In other blogs, this list contains links to some recommended websites.
Either way, the "roll" is a list of blogs, and this guide teaches you how to make a blogroll as a sidebar or an entirely different page, if you're not so lucky as to find a Tumblr theme with a blogroll immediately available. The script is a snippet of code that you will need to insert in the layout of your Tumblr blog. Just follow these steps:
- Log into your Tumblr account.
- To reach your blog's Dashboard, click on the name of your blog on the upper right corner.
- Click "Customize theme".
- On the left sidebar, scroll down until you find the word PAGES. Click "Add a page".
- Select "Custom Layout" from the dropdown menu.
- Copy and paste this code in the text area where it says "Custom HTML":
- 7. Now click the green "Create page" button on the lower left side of the window. If you want a hyperlink on your blog's sidebar, you can check the tickbox that reads "Show a link to this page". This will have an anchor text just like in this window for editing. If you want to make a Blogroll located in your Tumblr's sidebar, you will need to find the snippet of code for the sidebar in the html of your theme. As soon as you find this, just copy and paste the code provided above into this area.