Making Your Pinterest Profile Private From Search Engines
You can prevent Google and other search engines from indexing your Pinterest profile. Here's an easy tutorial on how to adjust your Pinterest's Search Privacy Settings.
Steps (via Pinterest):
- Access your Pinterest profile menu on the top-right portion of your Home feed.
- Click Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Under Basic Info, go to Search Privacy.
- Change Search Privacy to Yes.
- At the bottom of the page, press Save Settings.
Steps (via Google):
You have the option to request for immediate removal of the whole page on Google. Just follow these simple steps:
- Access the public URL removal tool of Google through this link http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals
- Press New Removal Request.
- Input the URL of your Pinterest webpage. Make sure you use the same capitalization and characters since URL is case-sensitive.
- Press Continue.
- Press Remove this page.
Things you need to know:
- The change you made will not be administered immediately. After you turn the Search Privacy setting on, Pinterest will include a tag to your profile to inform search engines to disregard the page. Your profile will still be displayed in results until the search engine returns to re-index the page. Processing may take a couple of weeks.
- Currently, you can't adjust search privacy using a phone or tablet. You must log in to Pinterest to view and adjust this setting.
- You have the option to make your Pinterest profile visible again anytime you wish to by switching the Search Privacy option to No.