Deactivating Your Pinterest Account
Are you getting tired of managing your Pinterest account but don't want to ditch it permanently? You can deactivate your account instead, and have it reactivated any time you wish to come back to the social network. The deactivation process is easy, just follow this simple tutorial.
- Press your profile menu located at the upper right portion of your page.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. At the lower left portion, click Deactivate Account.
- Confirm that you want to deactivate by clicking Save Settings.
Things you need to know:
- Deactivating your account means your profile and pins will not be available on Pinterest.
- If you are connected to Pinterest via Facebook or Twitter, they will automatically unlink these accounts.
- You can confirm deactivation of your Pinterest account. To do this, visit your account URL. You must not log in to confirm it's deactivated. This will reactivate your account.
- As of the moment, you can't deactivate using a phone or tablet (app). You must use the web to deactivate your account.
- Your user name or email address won't free up when you deactivate your account. Instead of deactivating, you can modify your user name or email address.
- You have the option to reactivate your Pinterest account any time you want to use it again.