Turning Off Facebook Notification Sounds
Do you find Facebook notification sound annoying? If that's the case, then you have the option to modify your notification sound setting and simply turn it off. Here's a step by step guide on how to get rid of the notification sounds on the social network.
- On the top-right portion of your Facebook homepage, click the gear icon.
- Select Account settings from the dropdown menu that will appear.
- On the left column, click Notifications.
- Go to the How you get notifications portion.
- Press View.
- Untick the checkbox for Play a sound when each notification is received.
- Press Save Changes.
Things you need to know:
- When your notification sound setting is turned on, you will be able to hear alerts each time someone posts on your timeline or someone likes or comments on your posts.
- The notification sound setting only applies to notification sounds when you're accessing Facebook via desktop. It will not influence notification sound setting on your smartphone or tablet.