Creating An Event For A Facebook Group
If you are planning a party, reunion or just a simple meet-up with members of your Facebook group, you can invite them using the features of the group. Facebook allows you to easily create an event and lets guests RSVP in the social network. Here's an easy tutorial on how to set-up an event for your Facebook group.
- Access your Group page by clicking its name found at the left tab of your page.
- Click the gear icon found at the top right portion of your Group's page.
- From the dropdown menu, select Create Event.
- Input the name, details, location, date and time of the event.
- Select the privacy settings for the event. It may be limited to your group, friends of guests, invite-only or public.
- Press Create to finalize the event.
Things you need to know:
- For larger groups on Facebook, you need to be the admin in order to create an event.
- You'll automatically be the host of the event you created.
- Once you create an event, it will appear on the Group's wall. Members can choose to join the event.
- You have the option to invite all members of the group. To do this, tick the checkbox beside Invite all Members located at the lower left portion of the event creation window.